6 February 2021

DIY M&S WEDDING CAKE


Getting married but shocked at the prices of wedding cakes? Well, why not have a go at making your own cake for your big day with a helping hand from Marks and Spencer. If you’ve never checked out their wedding cake selection online you’ll be spoilt for choice with their variety of cakes available to order in as little as 7 days. Their classic plain fondant icing cake (which comes in 4 sizes) is perfect for stacking on top of each other than decorating, so that’s exactly what I did for a relatives wedding. Have a look at the images below to see how I created a beautiful floral ombré 4 tiered cake.


What I used:

M&S plain fondant icing cakes in all 4 sizes. You can choose from vanilla sponge, chocolate sponge or fruit sponge. We went for vanilla and it was absolutely delicious - so soft, moist and fresh.

For the decoration I used Redshaw Ready to Roll Icing in shades Red and Burgundy and a Silicone Rose Mould from Amazon.

Using the mould is very easy but you must grease it first with a little bit of oil or else the fondant gets stuck inside and it's really annoying to take out. 

I used cake dowels to hold the cake up or else it would have caved in. And lastly, I also used good old Betty Crocker Velvety Vanilla Icing to stick the cakes together as well as stick the fondant flowers on.

The final result... I think it turned out lovely and I hope you think so too!

I also managed to film myself decorating the cake so check out my youtube video below:

I hope this post has inspired you to have a go at designing your own celebration cake. With the money you’ll save it’s certainly worth a try.

Love, Naheeda x


Post a Comment

Instagram

© Love Naheeda. Design by Eve.