07 January, 2014

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LAVISH PALETTE REVIEW

I was lucky enough to receive the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish palette from my sister who was working in America just before Christmas. I knew she got it for me and couldn't wait for her to come home so I could play with it! The packaging is gorgeous and I didn't open it for weeks because it was so pretty. A rectangular shaped cardboard box with black sides and a brightly coloured lid with eccentric patterns and bold text - what's not to love?
Inside the box is a handy booklet featuring several pictorials (a step by step guide of how to create beautiful eyeshadow looks) from well known Youtubers. This is a great idea for beginners and a good way of showing off the colours in the palette. The box comes fully equipped with the tools below:
A pair of tweezers, an eyebrow pencil, Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner pencil in Noir and an eyeshadow brush. And if that's not enough there's also a large mirror on the inside lid. 
As you can see from the swatches on my arm the colours are highly pigmented. There is an even mix of matte and shimmery shades and they all complement each other very well. You can't tell in the picture but Black Diamond (last) has gold glitter! I forgot to swatch Antique but it's a silvery shimmery grey colour.
Look how gorgeous Sienna looks on it's own! It's such a beautiful burnt orange colour and my personal favourite. I used Cream to highlight my brow bone and the brow pen to define my eyebrows.
I did the above smokey eye using Rum Cake, Truffle and Black Diamond. I also used the black eye-liner and brow pen that came in the box.
I got a bit excited with this palette and decided to try something a little more dramatic! I only used two colours (Black Diamond and Pink Sapphire) but it's so effective and looks really glamorous.

The Lavish palette retails at an incredible price of $38 but is sadly not available to buy in the UK!! You can however buy other Anastasia Beverly Hills products from Cult Beauty and Net-A-Porter including the ever so popular Brow Wiz pen!

Has anyone tried this or any of their other palettes?
 photo naheeda-signature_zpsa1de6794.png

5 comments:

  1. i can see all the anticipation naheeda love the pigmentations this brand is not available here in uk, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, you can buy Anastasia Beverly Hills on Cult Beauty or Net-A-Porter. It's just not available in any stores x

      Delete
  2. Wow it looks gorgeous, love the look as well. Your brows are perfection.x

    ReplyDelete